Most people know that being active is good for their heart health, but they may not realize that even moderate activity can have a significant impact. According to the American Heart Association, just 20 minutes of daily activity can help to reduce your risk of heart disease.
Walking, jogging, swimming, and biking are all great ways to get your heart pumping and improve your cardiovascular health. Moderate exercise also includes activities such as gardening and even doing household chores. What’s more, regular physical activity can also help to lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol levels, and reduce stress. So if you’re looking for a way to keep your heart healthy, here are some ways to make sure you add a little activity to your day.
How much activity is needed to maintain a healthy heart?
The American Heart Association recommends at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity 5 days per week, or 25 minutes of vigorous aerobic activity 3 days per week, to maintain heart health. However, even smaller amounts of physical activity can have benefits. In fact, a recent study found that just 20 minutes of daily activity can help to reduce your risk of heart disease.
While some people may find it easy to meet these guidelines, others may struggle to find the time or motivation to be active on a regular basis. If you’re struggling to get started, here are some tips to help you get moving.
Tips for adding activity into your day
Getting the recommended amount of exercise each day can seem like a daunting task, especially if you are not used to being active. However, there are many small ways that you can add activity into your day, without having to make a major lifestyle change.
- Schedule it in: Set aside time for physical activity the same way you would for any other important appointment. Write it in your calendar or set a daily alarm to remind yourself to get moving.
- Find an activity you enjoy: Choose an activity that you actually enjoy doing, so it doesn’t feel like a chore. This could be anything from going for a walk in nature to taking a dance class.
- Set realistic goals: Start small and gradually increase your activity level over time. Setting unrealistic goals can lead to discouragement, so it’s important to set achievable milestones.
- Get social: Invite friends or family members to join you for an active outing. This can help to make physical activity more enjoyable and motivating.
How to keep your heart healthy
There are many things you can do to keep your heart healthy. Here are some things you can do to help:
- Eat a healthy diet: Eating a diet that is high in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains and low in saturated and trans fats can help reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Get regular exercise: Exercise helps to keep your heart muscle strong and reduces your risk of developing cardiovascular disease. Aim for at least 30 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic activity on most days of the week.
- Manage stress: When you’re stressed, your heart rate increases and your blood pressure rises. Learning to manage stress can help protect your heart health.
- See your doctor regularly: Getting regular checkups and screenings can help identify any potential heart problems early on so they can be treated effectively. If you have any risk factors for heart disease, such as high blood pressure or cholesterol, be sure to follow your doctor’s recommendations for managing these conditions
Boluoke by Canada RNA can also help improve your cardiovascular health by improving your circulation and reducing clotting. Boluoke is an all-natural supplement that is safe and effective for most people. Simply take 2 capsules per day to help keep your heart healthy and prevent heart disease.
Boluoke has been shown to be effective in reducing the risk of heart attack and stroke, and can also help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Boluoke is a safe and easy way to improve your cardiovascular health.